Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Come SALE Away- the look for less (Part 1)


Come SALE Away- the look for less
This first post will be about what to splurge on and  what to save on when it comes to your closet.....my next post will be about the sites and sales that I go to for the look for less. 

I have expensive taste but let's be honest, we have bills, student loans, food, gas, etc.  I love good quality clothing but I rarely pay full price.  Sales and bargain locations are a must.  Many times I will be wearing an outfit and head to toe I spend less than $50-70.


TIPS- it is okay to "splurge" on classics by splurge I mean, these items are going to last a while and they will probably not go out of style for a long long time. 

 

Splurge worthy items include:

- Black Blazer

- Little Black Dress
 
- Great fitting/comfortable pair of jeans (traditional fit)

- a GREAT bra (your boobs and back will thank you...clothes will fit better and you'll feel hot)













- Classic pump (either nude or black, you can wear these with jeans, dresses, skirts, etc)



 
- White button up (pair this with statement jewelry, a jean jacket, lace shorts etc....goes a long way)



- a neutral coat
 
- Jean jacket

- Ballet flat
 
















- Pair of equestrian boots (becoming a staple)


 

(**in my opinion these are staples.  You can pair these with dressed up looks and dressed down looks.)
 

 SAVE your Money on Trends- trends comes and go...some we LOVE to say goodbye to BUT if you are curious and want to try out looks SAVE on these items.


Pinch pennies on:

- Leather details - shorts, shirts, dresses

- Fringe- it comes and goes but it doesn't last long
 
- Sequins- yes, I love the bling bling too but this is a trend in my eyes, not a classic (except for NYE of course).

- LARGE statement jewelry- these can be costly...find the look for less and build your costume jewelry collection
 
- Cut outs- in dresses, tops, even pants
 
- Crop tops- self explanatory
 

(**You get the idea) 

No comments:

Post a Comment